Children’s Ministry Church Handbook
by Tamera Kraft
Available in E-book Download and CD Rom
CD Rom Regularly $15.00
E-Book Download Regularly $10.00, On sale this month for $8.00
Download includes the Following:
Church Handbook: A guideline handbook for a church children’s ministry.
Ideas That Work: A few helpful suggestions for your children’s ministry.
Effective Story Telling: A teacher training session outline that lasts approximately one hour.
Children’s Ministry Application: An application to use for a screening interview of all children’s workers.
To order this handbook, click here to go to the Revival Fire For Kids Webstore. Sale prices will continue until the end of July.
Drawing for Children’s Ministry Church Handbook will be held Monday, July 27
You can enter one of three ways:
- Go to the Revival Fire For Kids Website and subscribe to get emails about new product, new blog post, and other important info.
- Follow this blog. Click on the right side bar where it says “follow this blog”.
- Comment on this or any other post this week.
Excerpt from Handbook:
Purpose of a Children’s Ministry Worker
A Children’s Ministry worker’s main goal is to be a model. Jesus said, “Let your light so shine among men, that they may glorify your Father in Heaven.” You are influencing the lives of children. This is a very high calling. In James 3:1 the Bible admonishes us, “Not many of you should presume to be teachers because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.” If you work with children in any capacity you are teaching them. Your purpose is to model Jesus Christ.
To Qualify as a Children’s Ministry Worker
- You must be a born again believer and be able to tell what that means.
- You must be a faithful member of the Insert Church Name.
- You must have a personal interview with the senior pastor, Christian education director, or children’s pastor and go through a screening process.
- You must be baptized in water and in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues.
- Attend initial training seminar.
- Mentor under another teacher for one month.
- Attend at least one scheduled training or workers meeting a year for your department.
- There will also be periodic training seminars and conferences available to those who seek to further their skills. Children’s workers are expected to seek further training.
- Be familiar with all policies outlined in this manual.
B. Arrival Time
- Arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the beginning of your class time. Parents get anxious when there is no one to greet their child.
- If there is a class immediately preceding yours, be ready to go as soon as the other class dismisses.
Call ahead of time when you are going to be absent so a replacement can be secured. Do not arrange for your own replacement. It is understandable that absences will occur among Children’s Ministry Workers. Please give us as much notice as possible. In the event of a sudden illness or emergency, please contact the church and leave word with the appropriate person.
- Department Leader
- Preschool (Insert Name, Insert Contact Information)
- Sunday School (Insert Name, Insert Contact Information)
- Children’s Church (Insert Name, Insert Contact Information)
- Wednesday Night Classes (Insert Name, Insert Contact Information)
- Children’s Pastor or CE Director (Insert Name, Insert Contact Information)
- Church or Pastor (Insert Name, Insert contact Information)
D. Duration of Commitment
We ask that you give at least a 6 month commitment to your area of service. (Volunteers only)
E. Go the Second Mile
- Follow up on students. Send cards whenever possible.
- Pray for your class every week before you come to teach.
- Involve yourself in extra curricular activities that involve your class whenever possible.
F. Personal Life
1. Exhibit a lifestyle that would be pleasing to God throughout the week.
2. Must attend one service a week when not serving.
3. Have personal devotions daily.