Coronavirus is a concern all across the world. Because of this, I wanted to give you some information concerning the Coronavirus in children’s ministry.
First, don’t allow fear to grip your heart. God has this under control even if we don’t understand. The Bible is full of instances where God tells us not to fear. One such passage is in Psalm 91:1-4.
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.”
Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler. And from the perilous pestilence. He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.While we don’t allow ourselves to fear, we do need to take common sense measures.
If your church is having services:
- Disinfect children’s areas with Clorox type wipes or disinfectant spray.
- Have hand sanitizer at the door of every children’s room. Sanitize going in and going out.
- During restroom breaks, teach your students how to properly wash their hand while singing Jesus Loves Me.
- Do not allow any child with a fever, coughs, or congestion to attend.
If your church is not having services:
- Keep in contact with your students via phone calls.
- Use Facebook to give your student short messages or object lessons.
- Send suggestions for children’s Bible studies or family activities to parents.
- Keep parents informed.
No matter what your church has decided, teach your students the power of prayer over fear.